I have seen posts/blogs/articles about ajaxing displayTag. I first put my hands on ajaxTags. It seemed to work fine but once the application was ported to Weblogic 8.1 SP6 it stopped working. This is mainly because of the conflict with standard.jar.
I looked at AjaxAnywhere and although I didn’t use it, I found the implementation grammar long.
All I wanted was something that will not want me to make modifications to the applications deployment descriptions or include any jar files etc.
So I decided to write my own and no not any wrappers around the displayTag taglibrary but by simply using JQuery. 100% pure JS.
The thought process was simple, the pagination/sorting should not reload the page but just call a JS function which will do the magical ajax call, fetch the data and replace the html contents..
A live demo can be seen at here
Posts to follow on documentation and how-to’s. If you are in a hurry..just do a view-source and grab the JS files. If anyone needs the sample application source and/or war file, email me at write2vijay at gmail dot com